10/12 Opscode Ticket Triage


#1

We’ve moved around a bit of scheduling, so I’m expecting to release
Chef 0.10.6 beta 1 in a few days and we’ll move toward a freeze and RC
in a couple of weeks.

Merge:
CHEF-2647 - improve file specificity with component versions
CHEF-2652 - solr-expander hardcodes solr_url
CHEF-2655 - Refactor Checksum to support more storage strategies
COOK-780 - Apache cookbook may create duplicate listening ports in ports.conf
COOK-782 - Apache cookbook not using proper group to run apache
COOK-788 - the apache2 cookbook uses bad default for files’ perms and ownership

Other:
CHEF-1547 - Apt provider can’t install packages from different default release
Reopened - We need a CLA from the test contributor
CHEF-2668 - cache run_context over chef-client runs
Reopened - What is the bigger use case?
CHEF-2675 - Typos in Sandboxes#update
Reopened - Erroneous commits
KNIFE_EC2-28 - knife ec2 should support specifying ephemeral block
devices when creating a server
Reopened - Possible Fog configuration syntax feature disucssion
OHAI-299 - Xen guest detecting as xen host
Closed - This was merged in 0.6.8


Bryan McLellan | opscode | senior systems administrator
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org


#2

On Oct 12, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

We’ve moved around a bit of scheduling, so I’m expecting to release
Chef 0.10.6 beta 1 in a few days and we’ll move toward a freeze and RC
in a couple of weeks.

I’m still being affected by CHEF-2637 in 0.10.4-3. Is this fixed in the cookbook, or somewhere else? If I could just download an updated cookbook for yum, then I could get going again on installing Nagios or Zenoss on CentOS 5.6, otherwise I think I’m stuck waiting for 0.10.6 to ship.

Thanks!


Brad Knowles bknowles@ihiji.com
SAGE Level IV, Chef Level 0.0.1


#3

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Brad Knowles bknowles@ihiji.com wrote:

On Oct 12, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

We’ve moved around a bit of scheduling, so I’m expecting to release
Chef 0.10.6 beta 1 in a few days and we’ll move toward a freeze and RC
in a couple of weeks.

I’m still being affected by CHEF-2637 in 0.10.4-3. Is this fixed in the cookbook, or somewhere else? If I could just download an updated cookbook for yum, then I could get going again on installing Nagios or Zenoss on CentOS 5.6, otherwise I think I’m stuck waiting for 0.10.6 to ship.

Unless you can alter the rpm packages to fix the %pre script failures,
you’ll likely have to wait until 0.10.6 comes out.

Matthew Kent | http://magoazul.com