10.14.4.rc.0 on Rubygems.org


#1

I’ve uploaded a release candidate for the next patch release, it contains
14 resolved issues. If anyone can test it and report back overnight,
that’d be great. The deploy provider has a number of bugs fixed and could
use some specific testing. We’ll release this tomorrow or Wednesday
depending on the results.


Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org


#2

On 24/09/12 05:48 PM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

I’ve uploaded a release candidate for the next patch release, it contains
14 resolved issues. If anyone can test it and report back overnight,
that’d be great. The deploy provider has a number of bugs fixed and could
use some specific testing. We’ll release this tomorrow or Wednesday
depending on the results.

My tests with one of our roles and minitest-chef-handler work. There is
still a problem with how the mysql cookbook does it’s includes (so it
fails the minitest spec tests in a spectacular fashion), but that’s a
separate issue :slight_smile:


Leif Madsen


#3

On 25/09/12 05:24 PM, Leif Madsen wrote:

On 24/09/12 05:48 PM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

I’ve uploaded a release candidate for the next patch release, it contains
14 resolved issues. If anyone can test it and report back overnight,
that’d be great. The deploy provider has a number of bugs fixed and could
use some specific testing. We’ll release this tomorrow or Wednesday
depending on the results.

My tests with one of our roles and minitest-chef-handler work. There is
still a problem with how the mysql cookbook does it’s includes (so it
fails the minitest spec tests in a spectacular fashion), but that’s a
separate issue :slight_smile:

Further to this, I updated the mysql cookbook with a pull request. My
testing with those changes also work on this release candidate. Things
are coming up Milhouse!


Leif Madsen


#4

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Bryan McLellan btm@opscode.com wrote:

I’ve uploaded a release candidate for the next patch release, it contains
14 resolved issues. If anyone can test it and report back overnight,
that’d be great. The deploy provider has a number of bugs fixed and could
use some specific testing. We’ll release this tomorrow or Wednesday
depending on the results.

I have tried this version to check the bug CHEF-3435
(http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3435) and it seems to be
fixed, but now show up a similar bug later on the deploy resource.
The error show up the the method ‘deploy’ calls to method ‘callback’.
The problem is that the ‘copy_cached_repo’ (called before to
’callback’) didn’t do anything (yet) because the whyrun stuff, so the
copy of the code didn’t actually happens when it was needed.

I tried the same solution of CHEF-3435 (call
’self.converge_actions.converge!’ after ‘copy_cached_repo’) and now it
works like a charm.

I write here because this bug is kinda blocker for this resource and
because I didn’t know if reopen the bug or create another one. It’s
very related and has the same root problem, but it fails in another
point…
Should I open a new one or reopen that one?

Thanks for your time and for the effort in this bug.


Juanje


#5

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Juanje Ojeda Croissier
juanje.ojeda@gmail.com wrote:

I have tried this version to check the bug CHEF-3435
(http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3435) and it seems to be
fixed, but now show up a similar bug later on the deploy resource.
The error show up the the method ‘deploy’ calls to method ‘callback’.
The problem is that the ‘copy_cached_repo’ (called before to
’callback’) didn’t do anything (yet) because the whyrun stuff, so the
copy of the code didn’t actually happens when it was needed.

Can you try against 10-stable? I may have recently fixed that. If not,
please open another bug and include the resource and the stacktrace.

Bryan


#6

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Bryan McLellan btm@loftninjas.org wrote:

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Juanje Ojeda Croissier
juanje.ojeda@gmail.com wrote:

I have tried this version to check the bug CHEF-3435
(http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-3435) and it seems to be
fixed, but now show up a similar bug later on the deploy resource.
The error show up the the method ‘deploy’ calls to method ‘callback’.
The problem is that the ‘copy_cached_repo’ (called before to
’callback’) didn’t do anything (yet) because the whyrun stuff, so the
copy of the code didn’t actually happens when it was needed.

Can you try against 10-stable? I may have recently fixed that. If not,
please open another bug and include the resource and the stacktrace.

I’ve just checked it with the 10-stable branch and works perefect :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:


Juanje