After a lot of work on the 0.10 Beta releases, we’ve moved on to the first 0.10 Release Candidate. We’d love your help testing it out to make sure we find any remaining critical bugs before general release.
- Environments: Restrict cookbook versions and set attributes based on environment.
- Cookbook version freezing: prevent updates to cookbook versions (useful for prod
- Encrypted data bags: encrypt data bag values such as passwords and private keys
- knife output formatting and error handling improvments
- knife plugins
- repo-wide “chefignore” files
- improved search wildcarding
- improved search performance and stability
- improved knife windows support
- clearer, more useful chef-client output
On the client side, you can install with:
(sudo) gem install chef --pre
On the server side, we now have a bootstrap install available:
sudo chef-solo -j chef.json -c solo.rb -r https://s3.amazonaws.com/chef-solo/bootstrap-0.10.0.rc.0.tar.gz
If you have a 0.10 server (or are an Opscode Platform user) you can upgrade knife on your workstation to get the benefit of the knife UX enhancements without needing to upgrade chef-client on your nodes.
Thanks to everyone who tested the beta releases!