Ohai again, Chefs!
In homage to Bryan’s reference to the Hobbit from the code review meeting
earlier today, we’ll call this list of cookbook releases the Hobbit
It’s not particularly short on awesomeness, though! Of note, version 3.0
of the Nagios cookbook is released. A special thank you to Tim Smith for
his contributions and assistance with “Testing in Production”.
We are short on tickets to review - the count is down to 0 as of this
writing. We’ve also merged all the reviewed tickets and will be making
many more releases in the next week, just in time for the holiday season.
If you have been asking “how can I help with the COOK project?” We could
use assistance in follow-up on the “Reopened” issues. Sometimes tickets
are reopened, get a reply, but not set back to “Fix Provided.” That’s
where we could use help, especially in tickets that are fixing bugs.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
- [COOK-1893] -
package_name” resource instead of
- [COOK-1894] - change filename for sources.list.d files
- [COOK-1914] - Wrong dir permissions for /etc/apt/preferences.d/
- [COOK-1942] - README.md has wrong name for the keyserver attribute
- [COOK-2019] - create 01proxy before any other apt-get updates get
- [COOK-1680] - Add deploy action (alias for create) to
- [COOK-2042] - gunicorn LWRP support for virtualenv, deps
- [COOK-1481] - unicorn provider in application_ruby cookbook should run
command as root
- [COOK-1936] - use frontend / backend logic
- [COOK-1937] - cleanup for configurations
- [COOK-1938] - more flexibility for options
- [COOK-1939] - reloading haproxy is better than restarting
- [COOK-1940] - haproxy stats listen on 0.0.0.0 by default
- [COOK-1944] - improve haproxy performance
- [COOK-1692] - Make heartbeat available for Centos/Redhat
- [COOK-1699] - add LWRP for heartbeat configuration
This is a major release due to some dramatic refactoring to the
service check configuration which may not be compatible with existing
implementations of this cookbook.
- [COOK-1544] - Nagios cookbook needs to support event handlers
- [COOK-1785] - Template causes service restart every time
- [COOK-1879] - Nagios: add configuration to automatically redirect
http://myserver/ to http://myserver/nagios3/
- [COOK-1880] - Extra attribute was left over after the
- [COOK-1881] - Oracle should be added to the metadata for Nagios
- [COOK-1891] - README says to modify the nrpe.cfg template, but the
cookbook exports a resource for nrpe checks.
- [COOK-1947] - Nagios: Pager duty portions of Nagios cookbook not
using nagios user/group attributes
- [COOK-1949] - Nagios: A bad role on a node shouldn’t cause the
cookbook to fail
- [COOK-1950] - Nagios: Simplify hostgroup building and cookbook code
- [COOK-1995] - Nagios: Update source install to use Nagios 3.4.3 not
- [COOK-2005] - Remove unusable check commands from nagios
- [COOK-2031] - Adding templates as a data bag, extending service data
bag to take arbitrary config items
- [COOK-2032] - Use public IP address for intra-cloud checks
- [COOK-2034] - Nagios cookbook calls search more often than necessary
- [COOK-2054] - Use service description in the nagios_services databag
- [COOK-2061] - template.erb refers to a service variable when it
should reference template.
- [COOK-1872] - Allow latest PostgreSQL deb packages to be installed
- [COOK-1961] - Postgresql config file changes with every Chef run
- [COOK-2041] - Postgres cookbook no longer installs on OpenSuSE 11.4
Joshua Timberman, Technical Community Manager
IRC, Skype, Twitter, Github: jtimberman