Thanks to some feedback from various users who tried out the revised
yum provider in master I was able to address a number of issues.
Looking for merging of the following prior to 0.10.4:
which closes the following tickets:
- CHEF-2428 - yum provider raises an exception when asked to remove an
- CHEF-2429 - yum provider - remote provides loaded for :remove and :purge
- CHEF-2432 - yum-dump - provides broken on centos 4
- CHEF-2444 - yum provider - yum-dump.py broken with older versions of yum
- CHEF-2449 - yum provider - slow parsing of yum-dump output
CHEF-2449 was especially bad for users with large yum repos - client
runs would take an extremely long time to finish.