Hi all,

What the following means?
Can i need to set password for this sugarcrm-ce application ,in attribute file default[sugarcrm-ce]][‘db’][‘password’] - nil default[sugarcrm-ce’][‘admin_pass’] = nil set it as nil

node.set_unless[‘sugarcrm-ce’][‘db’][‘password’] = secure_password
node.set_unless[‘sugarcrm-ce’][‘admin_pass’] = secure_password

Thanks

Vänliga hälsningar / Best regards, Jens Skott DevOps Engineer, Gears of Leo jens.skott@leogears.com +46 767 726396

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Indra k indra.k@cloudenablers.com
wrote:

Hi all,
Can i need to set password for this sugarcrm-ce application ,in attribute file default[sugarcrm-ce]]['db']['password'] - nil default[sugarcrm-ce']['admin_pass'] = nil set it as nil
node.set_unless['sugarcrm-ce']['db']['password'] = secure_password
node.set_unless['sugarcrm-ce']['admin_pass'] = secure_password
Thanks

It seems to mean that if you havent set your attribute in either the attribute file or the role/env/node override attributes you set the node value in the recipe.

If you want to be extra secure you add the passwords to an encrypted databag then load in the databag values into the nodes in the recipe.

Vänliga hälsningar / Best regards, Jens Skott DevOps Engineer, Gears of Leo jens.skott@leogears.com +46 767 726396

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Jens Skott jens.skott@leogears.com
wrote:

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Indra k indra.k@cloudenablers.com
wrote:

Hi all,
Can i need to set password for this sugarcrm-ce application ,in attribute file default[sugarcrm-ce]]['db']['password'] - nil default[sugarcrm-ce']['admin_pass'] = nil set it as nil
node.set_unless['sugarcrm-ce']['db']['password'] = secure_password
node.set_unless['sugarcrm-ce']['admin_pass'] = secure_password
Thanks