Using 12.x resource features if 12.x present


#1

What’s the cookbook “pattern” for making use of 12.x resource features
if chef-client 12.x is running?


#2

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net wrote:

What’s the cookbook “pattern” for making use of 12.x resource features
if chef-client 12.x is running?

Which features to you mean? Usually you can use the defined? operator to check for things.

–Noah


#3

On 8/24/2015 2:33 PM, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net wrote:

What’s the cookbook “pattern” for making use of 12.x resource features
if chef-client 12.x is running?

Which features to you mean? Usually you can use the defined? operator to check for things.

Hmm. Seems I was just ignorant while we were using 11.x (still have a
few stragglers); turns out the common resource attributes I want to use
have existed for quite some time (as far back at least as 11.12.0).
Namely retry_delay, retry, and ignore_failure.

Thanks Noah. I’ll try defined? if I need to.

Jeff


#4

Those probably date back to 0.8.x-ish at least.

On 08/24/2015 11:47 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:

On 8/24/2015 2:33 PM, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:

On Aug 24, 2015, at 11:31 AM, Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net wrote:

What’s the cookbook “pattern” for making use of 12.x resource features
if chef-client 12.x is running?
Which features to you mean? Usually you can use the defined? operator to check for things.
Hmm. Seems I was just ignorant while we were using 11.x (still have a
few stragglers); turns out the common resource attributes I want to use
have existed for quite some time (as far back at least as 11.12.0).
Namely retry_delay, retry, and ignore_failure.

Thanks Noah. I’ll try defined? if I need to.

Jeff