Assign particular version of cookbook to node's rulist from chef manage

Suppose i have two versions of cookbook . Now i want to set cookbook of particular version to the node’s runlist from chef manage. How can i do this. its not clear from the GUi which version’s cookbook::recipe is available in the list as an option to drag to RHS.

you can set it like this :point_down:t3:

knife node run_list set Node_Name cookbook@version
ex:
knife node run_list set node.chef.com apache@0.0.1
                           or
you can pin version on node chef environment.

I want to do this from chef manage console and not from command line.
How can i do this?

Please ignore the suggestion by @raghureddy45 as that format is EXPLICITLY not supported and bad things will likely happen if you use that. You can use Environments and the cookbook_versions key to lock versions of cookbook per environment. The reason you don’t see versions is because a node doesn’t actually know it’s versions of cookbooks until right at runtime when it evaluates it’s constraints from environments, roles, and dependencies of it’s cookbooks.

You should not really use the manage UI to be setting these things to begin with as suggested.

Hey Seth, Thanks for the valid info. my apologies for guiding him wrong.

what do mean by ?

as that format is EXPLICITLY not supported and bad things will likely happen if you use that

The notation you are attempting to use is an internal API and as such it’s neither meant to be used nor is it tested with interactions with the proper objects for controlling versions. It might work in simple cases but it’s not intended to be used.