Auto aware clusterd websever

Hi!

As programmer I believe this is the closest approach to a centric app deployments, but I still having some doubts:

Is there any web server there ready to be implemented as an application library?

If I have to deploy two services that shares informatión with JMS in a clustered server, Would it be easy?

Can be done?

Shouldn’t it check all unit test before update to new version in each the nodes?

Is there a simple way to go than use (jenkins-go-hudson…/maven-gradle…/docker-habitat…/weblogic-jboss-glassfish…)? Could I use only habitat to center this task over my app?

Thank you.

Posblos thanks for your post!

You've got quite a few questions here. I'll do my best to answer them.

Habitat is definitely an application centric automation framework. It was built with the primary intention of being a framework that enables you to standardize the build, management, and deployment of very disparate application stacks.

Is there any web server there ready to be implemented as an application library

I'm not totally certain that I know how to answer this question. Can you clarify your meaning? Habitat doesn't replace application or application platforms, it allows you to wrap your service in sane and operable ways.

If I have to deploy two services that shares informatión with JMS in a clustered server, Would it be easy?

Like lots of automation tooling, whether it would be easy is probably relative to your knowledge of the technology you're automating. I don't have a ton of exposure to weblogic. I can say that habitat generally makes distributed systems significantly easier and more straightforward to manage. There might be corner cases for your specific implementation detail, but by and large we've been pretty successful with lots of different technologies.

Shouldn't it check all unit test before update to new version in each the nodes?

We have some test integration hooks that we are working on currently but they are more like smoke tests. You could always execute your unit tests in your CI pipeline, or as a step in your build.

Is there a simple way to go than use (jenkins-go-hudson.../maven-gradle.../docker-habitat.../weblogic-jboss-glassfish..)? Could I use only habitat to center this task over my app?

Sorry, this is also a bit confusing to me. As it stands right now you should be able to build packages without needing to package as docker, without running through jenkins etc. you would only need the habitat binary (and if you're on windows or macOS, the docker for mac or docker for windows tool). Theres no requirement for those things at runtime though, thats just for building packages from your local machine. Habitat packages only require (currently) a linux kernel v2.6 or greater and the habitat binary to be able to run a supervisor over your software.

Thank you for your answer eeyun.

Some of my questions were a little bit confusing because I didn’t understand containerization systems and also I belived habitat was an regulation for applications for use system services as app libraries, my fault. (this is dependencies, bd, webservers, configs, networking, etc, automatically runned and config from app start).

Exactly! Let us know if theres any other help we can provide!