We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20210219171521 of Chef Automate 2.
- The updated Infrastructure tab lets you add Chef Infra Servers, giving you a comprehensive view of your Chef-managed systems.
- Add organizations to each server.
- View cookbooks, roles, environments, data bags, and clients for each organization.
- Search and find roles, environments, data bag items, and clients from Chef Automate.
- Upgraded to Ruby version 2.6 (4425).
- Added IDs on the Project and Role pages in the Settings tab (4393).
- Added capability to create a backup from AWS ES service to AWS S3 (4664)
- Chef Infra Server will proxy data-collector requests to Chef Automate (internal or external) instead of localhost. (4711).
- Chef Infra Server will startup even if the local Chef Automate instance is stopped or if the external Chef Automate fails to resolve. (4684)
Chef Product Versions
This release uses:
- Chef Habitat version 1.6.181/20201030172917
- Chef Habitat Builder version 8997/20200812161534
- Chef Infra Server version 14.0.65/20201020065137
- Chef InSpec version 4.24.32/20210112215549
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!