When I do a berks install I am getting the error
Error retrieving universe from source: https://supermarket.chef.io/
* [Berkshelf::APIClient::TimeoutError] Unable to connect to: https://supermarket.chef.io/
Unable to satisfy the following requirements:
- `tar (~> 2.0.0)` required by `user-specified dependency`
Unable to find a solution for demands: java (0.1.0), tomcat (0.1.0), tar (~> 2.0.0)
Though I am able to connect to
https://supermarket.chef.io/ through browser but unable to ping
supermarket.chef.io through cmd
Here is my berksfile
cookbook 'java', path: '../java'
cookbook 'tar', '~> 2.0.0'
Can you give us a bit more information:
- Can you try curling it from command line? pretty sure they block icmp on their ELBs.
- Is there an http(s) proxy on your network that your browser is configured to send stuff through if so I believe berks supports env vars (at least on *nix) such as https_proxy, https_proxy_user, https_proxy_pass (with the same without the s for non secure connections).
- if its not a proxy required scenario can you give us a little information about your setup? Things like network topology might come into play here.
Yes I am behind a proxy server. When I try from home where there is no proxy things work fine but when I am at my workplace it doesn’t work.
Can you try configuring your CLI with the required ENV variables for using your proxy that I suggested?