Chef 0.9.6 CentOS/RHEL 5 packages as provided by ELFF
(http://elff.bravenet.com/) are ready for testing.
Installation instructions have been updated here
- Lots of build shuffling in the specs to account for chef-server
changes. chef-server is now just a meta package that installs all the
- Init scripts have been updated to correctly start/stop chef-server and
- A couple new config variables mirrored from the Debian configs.
- Added role_path to solo.rb by request of Andrew Shafer.
- Dropped some patches that were included.
I’ve run through a few test installs (install chef server/client, using
chef-repo, uploading cookbooks/roles etc) on fresh vm’s without issue
but am looking for further testing.
Please note I have not yet tested the upgrade path from the 0.8.16
packages as time is a bit tight lately. If you want to try do let me
know how it goes.
Unless I hear of any issues I’ll bump the new packages over to the
stable repository soon.
Matthew Kent | http://magoazul.com