We’ve released Chef 11.0.0.beta.1 to Rubygems and in Omnibus package form.
The following issues have been fixed since the beta 0:
- Modified the behavior of the new attributes system to overwrite Arrays when merging between precedence levels. This matches the Chef 10.x behavior.
- Fixed a bug where calling
putson a attribute component would raise a TypeError.
- Fixed an issue managing the 32 bit registry on 64 bit Windows 2003 systems.
- Corresponding test fixes.
- Added a flag to check for admin privileges when running chef-client on Windows
- Bug fixes to chef_fs, used in the knife-essentials utilities like knife diff
- Added missing requires for some deprecated DSL mixins
- Fixed a bug in log messages under Windows
- Fixed another windows bug where cookbook_file wouldn’t inherit permissions from a parent object
With Omnibus, via install.sh:
curl -L "https://www.opscode.com/chef/install.sh" | sudo bash -s -- -v 11.0.0.beta.1
wget -qO- "https://www.opscode.com/chef/install.sh" | sudo bash -s -- -v 11.0.0.beta.1
With Omnibus via package download:
Omnibus packages are served via a webservice called Omnitruck that redirects you to the appropriate package. Normally you don’t need to know any specificsthing about Omnitruck, but we haven’t updated the install.sh script with a flag for grabbing a pre-release yet and maybe you’re just interested anyway. If you are, an explanation of the URL parameters that allows you to grab whatever versions you want is available on the wiki:
The wiki page is focused on the chef-server case but is valid for chef-client as well. For example, this will fetch the package on Ubuntu 10.04:
wget -O /tmp/chef_11.0.0.beta.1_amd64.deb ‘https://www.opscode.com/chef/download?v=11.0.0.beta.1&p=ubuntu&pv=10.04&m=x86_64’
If you find any issues using the beta, please report them here and file bug reports on tickets.opscode.com.
Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org