The chef-client cookbook has been released, version 3.0.0. This is a major version bump because there are some backwards-incompatible changes WRT default attributes. The README is updated to describe the attributes that are deprecated and replaced, and how to use the new attributes under
The other significant change is that the “service” recipe is broken up into several sub-recipes. You can still use the init_style attribute to select the service type you use to manage Chef, or you can include that recipe directly.
The full changelog is below. The main ticket tracking this udpate is COOK-2855, most of these are subtasks of that one. Yesterday’s COOK code review meeting0 also walked through several of the changes.
An additional ticket was created for ohai config being moved to a
client.d file (COOK-31501) .
- [COOK-1002]: chef-client service is not started for
- [COOK-1191]: chef-client cookbook doesn’t log to
/var/log/chef/client.log when using
- [COOK-2319]: The service recipe has too many lines of code
- [COOK-2344]: chef-client config should preserve log settings
- [COOK-2651]: The cron task fails to disable and stop service if the
init_style is set to upstart
- [COOK-2709]: chef-client needs explicit dependancy on cron >= 1.2.0
- [COOK-2856]: Use attribute/data driven configuration for
- [COOK-2857]: Update chef-client to use runit v1.0+
- [COOK-2858]: support “inclusion” of other Chef Config files in
- [COOK-3110]: kitchen.yml missing chef-client::config in cook-2317
chef_clienttest cook-1951 fails as provided
- [COOK-2607]: detect if node is a chef-server and set user/group file
- [COOK-3104]: kitchen.yml file for chef-client doesn’t properly set
- [COOK-2637]: Silence expected errors from which based chef-server
- [COOK-2825]: SMF for chef-client should use :kill to stop service