We have a great little Chef Infra Client 15 release to slip in before we ship Chef Infra Client 16 next week. This release has some critical bug fixes, new platforms, and improvements we hope you'll enjoy. Give it a try.
systemd_unitresource now respects the
sensitiveproperty and will no longer output the contents of the unit file to logs if this is set.
- A new
arm?helper has been added which can be used in recipes and resources to determine if a system is on the ARM architecture.
- Resolved a bug that prevented users from bootstrapping nodes using knife when specifying the
- Resolved a bug that prevented the
--bootstrap-versionflag from being honored when bootstrapping in knife.
Chef InSpec 4.18.104
- Resolved a regression that prevented the
serviceresource from working correctly on Windows. Thanks @Axuba
- Implemented VMware and Hyper-V detection on Linux systems
- Implemented VMware, Hyper-V, Virtualbox, KVM and Xen detection on Windows systems
- Added helpers
physical_system?. Thanks @tecracer-theinen
- Improve the resilency of the
dmidecodecannot be found on a system. Thanks @jaymzh
- Fixed detection of Openstack guests via DMI data. Thanks @ramereth
Amazon Linux 2
Chef Infra Client is now tested on Amazon Linux 2 running on x86_64 and aarch64 with packages available on the Chef Downloads Page.