Hello InSpec friends!
We are delighted to announce the availability of version 4.18.85 of Chef InSpec. Changes include:
- Read SSL certificate contents from files or the content that you provide. Thank you to @frezbo for this new feature!
archivecommand includes an
--airgapmode, which allows it to re-package archives with remote dependencies and not fail.
- Improve your resource debugging experience with the new
--inspectoption for the
serviceresource features new support for yocto-based linux distributions. Thank you to @michaellihs for this addition!
packageresource now includes support for FreeBSD. Thank you to @fzipi for this work!
- Our macOS packaging is compatible with macOS Catalina. For more information, see our recent blog post.
Resourceclasses experienced removal of most meta-programming.
- We standardized the platform for the
- The name of the option
--winrm-basic-auth-onlycorrectly matches the option provided by train. Thanks @shawnifoley for this fix!
oracledb_sessionresource works again due to a missing quote fix.
command.exist?now conforms to POSIX standards. Thanks to @PiQuer!
- Errors with bad tarball files will properly report.
groupsresource on macOS no longer reports duplicates anymore.
- The JSON reporter's attributes array will not remain empty. Thanks @nazliBeit for your contribution!
- Changed the
postfix_confresource's supported platform to the broader
unix. Thank you to @fzipi for this fix!
Get the Build
You can download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.