We are delighted to announce the availability of version 23.12.1055 of Chef Workstation.
- Substituted the previous chef-workstation logo and icons with the new Progress chef logo and updated the copyright date.
Updated the Chef Infra Client from 18.2.7 to 18.3.0. See the Chef Infra Client release notes for a full list of improvements and features.
Updated the InSpec from 5.22.3 to 5.22.36. See the full changelog for more information.
Test-kitchen has been updated to v3.6.0.
Updated kitchen-azurerm to v1.13.0 which adds support for configurable vm prefix.
Updated kitchen-dokken to v2.20.3
This driver has been updated to v0.10.0.
Updated berkshelf to 8.0.9 which resolves an issue where berks install fails due to a cert already being in the hash table.
- Fixed an issue with bundling the win32-security gem in the Windows platform.
- Fixed the installation issue of the ruby-shadow gem.
- Fixed an error when installing Chef Workstation on D Drive.
- Improved the memoization of the chef-cli commands.
- CVE-2023-42658 InSpec archive command vulnerable to maliciously crafted profile.
- Overhauled the
inspec exportcommands to use the parser library to improve security.
Go has been updated from 1.19.5 to 1.21.3.
OpenSSL has been updated to 3.0.11.
Git has been updated from 2.34.1 to 2.39.3, which resolves the following CVEs:
Curl has been updated from 7.85.0 to 8.4.0 to resolve the following CVEs:
Updated Libarchieve from 3.5.2 to 3.6.2 to resolve the following CVE:
Libxml2 has been updated from 2.9.13 to 2.10.4 which resolves the following CVEs:
Updated from 6.3 to 5.6
Zlib has been updated from 1.2.11 to 1.3 to resolve the following CVEs:
If you are running the Chef Workstation toolbar application you can download this version from the menu after the app next update check. You can also download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your email. Thanks for using Chef Workstation!