Client logging

Hi,

Is there a way to have the knife and client run output logged in a structured and enforced way? I need this for investigating/debugging issues but will also need this for change management audit reasons.

Cheers,
Florian

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This communication and any attached documents are strictly confidential and/or legally privileged and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a named recipient. If you have received this electronic communication in error please notify the sender by replying to this electronic communication inserting the word “misdirected” as the subject and delete this communication from your system.

On Jul 15, 2013, at 1:10 AM, Florian Hehlen wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to have the knife and client run output logged in a structured and enforced way? I need this for investigating/debugging issues but will also need this for change management audit reasons.

You'll have to be more specific, you can certainly make your own output formatter to log in whatever format you want if you have some established style.

--Noah

Noah,

I am mostly wondering about what Chef does by default and what can be done through configuration. I have not found any docs on this or even on the possibility to add my own formatter.

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 16 July 2013 00:02
To: chef@lists.opscode.com
Subject: [chef] Re: client logging

Hi,

You'll have to be more specific, you can certainly make your own output formatter to log in whatever format you want if you have some established style.

--Noah

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This communication and any attached documents are strictly confidential and/or legally privileged and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a named recipient. If you have received this electronic communication in error please notify the sender by replying to this electronic communication inserting the word "misdirected" as the subject and delete this communication from your system.

About Handlers has a lot of the
basics. Probably what you're looking for (for integration) is the
JsonFile handler.

Cheers,

--
Nathaniel Eliot
T9 Productions

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Florian Hehlen
Florian.Hehlen@mri-group.com wrote:

Noah,

I am mostly wondering about what Chef does by default and what can be done through configuration. I have not found any docs on this or even on the possibility to add my own formatter.

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 16 July 2013 00:02
To: chef@lists.opscode.com
Subject: [chef] Re: client logging

Hi,

--Noah

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This communication and any attached documents are strictly confidential and/or legally privileged and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a named recipient. If you have received this electronic communication in error please notify the sender by replying to this electronic communication inserting the word "misdirected" as the subject and delete this communication from your system.