Dashboards


#1

I’m looking for a chef dashboard. Something that will show all nodes, their
client run status and maybe let me do a converge, with output, as well.

Anything like that exist? I’ve tried https://github.com/sidebolt/chefdash
but it seems to have some issues.

Doug


#2

Ditto, I tried chef dash also and encountered problems.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Douglas Garstang doug.garstang@gmail.com
wrote:

I’m looking for a chef dashboard. Something that will show all nodes,
their client run status and maybe let me do a converge, with output, as
well.

Anything like that exist? I’ve tried https://github.com/sidebolt/chefdash
but it seems to have some issues.

Doug


#3

Try taking a look at Chef Analytics: https://docs.chef.io/analytics.html

It’s a premium feature, but you can use it up to 25 nodes if you are
just using open source chef server 12, else it may well be what you
are after, and so worth the cost.

Kimball

On 30 March 2015 at 18:22, William Jimenez wjimenez5271@gmail.com wrote:

Ditto, I tried chef dash also and encountered problems.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Douglas Garstang doug.garstang@gmail.com
wrote:

I’m looking for a chef dashboard. Something that will show all nodes,
their client run status and maybe let me do a converge, with output, as
well.

Anything like that exist? I’ve tried https://github.com/sidebolt/chefdash
but it seems to have some issues.

Doug


#4

I heard some reports that chef might open source the chef11 web ui source
code (or possibly already has). Can anyone else confirm this?

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Kimball Johnson kimball@bowerham.net
wrote:

Try taking a look at Chef Analytics: https://docs.chef.io/analytics.html

It’s a premium feature, but you can use it up to 25 nodes if you are
just using open source chef server 12, else it may well be what you
are after, and so worth the cost.

Kimball

On 30 March 2015 at 18:22, William Jimenez wjimenez5271@gmail.com wrote:

Ditto, I tried chef dash also and encountered problems.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Douglas Garstang <
doug.garstang@gmail.com>
wrote:

I’m looking for a chef dashboard. Something that will show all nodes,
their client run status and maybe let me do a converge, with output, as
well.

Anything like that exist? I’ve tried
https://github.com/sidebolt/chefdash

but it seems to have some issues.

Doug


#5

On Mar 30, 2015, at 9:31 PM, William Jimenez wjimenez5271@gmail.com wrote:

I heard some reports that chef might open source the chef11 web ui source code (or possibly already has). Can anyone else confirm this?

As the README indicates, it is no longer actively maintained so you are on your own.

  • Julian