Ffi-yajl 1.4.0 release


#1

This is just a minor release which went out a few minutes ago which
clears up an error message when utf8 validation fails, along with
correctly exposing the switch to be able to turn off utf8 validation in
the libyajl c library. Also better detection of windows platform
(mostly cygwin fix).


#2

I see this error message when I do vagrant up

the ffi-yajl and yajl-ruby gems have incompatible C libyajl libs and should
not be loaded in the same Ruby VM
falling back to ffi which might work (or might not, no promises)

Is it related?

I am using chef-solo with Vagrant 1.6.5. I have installed the latest chefdk
(0.4.0.1)

How can i update ff-yajl?

Cheers

Tony Kong
blog: www.ahwkong.com
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/anthonykong

Don’t EVER make the mistake that you can design something better than what
you get from ruthless massively parallel trial-and-error with a feedback
cycle. That’s giving your intelligence much too much credit.

  • Linus Torvalds

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Lamont Granquist lamont@chef.io wrote:

This is just a minor release which went out a few minutes ago which clears
up an error message when utf8 validation fails, along with correctly
exposing the switch to be able to turn off utf8 validation in the libyajl c
library. Also better detection of windows platform (mostly cygwin fix).


#3

No, that’s unrelated, something is pulling in ffi-yajl and something is
pulling in yajl-ruby and those have incompatible versions of the
underlying libyajl c libraries in them. I’d need to know what is
pulling in yajl-ruby to be able to suggest anything.

On 2/17/15 5:15 PM, Anthony Kong wrote:

I see this error message when I do vagrant up

the ffi-yajl and yajl-ruby gems have incompatible C libyajl libs and
should not be loaded in the same Ruby VM
falling back to ffi which might work (or might not, no promises)

Is it related?

I am using chef-solo with Vagrant 1.6.5. I have installed the latest
chefdk (0.4.0.1)

How can i update ff-yajl?

Cheers

Tony Kong
blog: www.ahwkong.com http://www.ahwkong.com
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/anthonykong
http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonykong

Don’t EVER make the mistake that you can design something better
than what you get from ruthless massively parallel trial-and-error
with a feedback cycle. That’s giving your intelligence /much/ too
much credit.
  • Linus Torvalds

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Lamont Granquist <lamont@chef.io
mailto:lamont@chef.io> wrote:

This is just a minor release which went out a few minutes ago
which clears up an error message when utf8 validation fails, along
with correctly exposing the switch to be able to turn off utf8
validation in the libyajl c library. Also better detection of
windows platform (mostly cygwin fix).

#4

Did a little research tonight and this might actually be a fixable bug,
but not trivially:


TIL that modern Unixes can load up two different version of the same C
library in the same process.

On 2/17/15 6:57 PM, Lamont Granquist wrote:

No, that’s unrelated, something is pulling in ffi-yajl and something
is pulling in yajl-ruby and those have incompatible versions of the
underlying libyajl c libraries in them. I’d need to know what is
pulling in yajl-ruby to be able to suggest anything.

On 2/17/15 5:15 PM, Anthony Kong wrote:

I see this error message when I do vagrant up

the ffi-yajl and yajl-ruby gems have incompatible C libyajl libs and
should not be loaded in the same Ruby VM
falling back to ffi which might work (or might not, no promises)

Is it related?

I am using chef-solo with Vagrant 1.6.5. I have installed the latest
chefdk (0.4.0.1)

How can i update ff-yajl?

Cheers

Tony Kong
blog: www.ahwkong.com http://www.ahwkong.com
linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/anthonykong
http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonykong

Don’t EVER make the mistake that you can design something better
than what you get from ruthless massively parallel
trial-and-error with a feedback cycle. That’s giving your
intelligence /much/ too much credit.
  • Linus Torvalds

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Lamont Granquist <lamont@chef.io
mailto:lamont@chef.io> wrote:

This is just a minor release which went out a few minutes ago
which clears up an error message when utf8 validation fails,
along with correctly exposing the switch to be able to turn off
utf8 validation in the libyajl c library.  Also better detection
of windows platform (mostly cygwin fix).