it seems that the installation of the chef-client via rpm package on SLES ends in a corrupt filesystem. Do you have any experience like this and/or have a solution for this?
We do the following:
- create a logical volume in our volume group
- create the filesystem /opt/chef with "mkfs.ext3 -i0 -c0 -r0" in this logical volume
- install rpm package chef-14.5.33-1.sles12.x86_64.rpm
- unmount filesystem /opt/chef and then fsck returns an error and tries to repair the fs
- after mounting the /opt/chef filesystem chef-client isn't working anymore
This problem does not occur with chef-client 12.0.3. And it does not occur with XFS filesystem. Any ideas?