If I've installed Chef as a gem where do I apply the :ssl_verify_mode config setting

Hello Everyone,

I can’t seem to find where to set the ssl_verify_mode setting when Chef is installed as a gem. Can you help?

Thank you,

David Williams

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM, David A. Williams wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I can't seem to find where to set the ssl_verify_mode setting when Chef is installed as a gem. Can you help?

Thank you,

David Williams
This goes in the configuration file which is specific to the application you are using.

For knife, the default is ~/.chef/knife.rb

For chef-client, the default is /etc/chef/client.rb

For chef-solo, the default is /etc/chef/solo.rb.

Note that if you are using local mode (the -z option for chef-client), chef-client will look for client.rb in a path relative to your data directory.

For any of the commands, you can use -c CONFIG_FILE to select a specific configuration file.

--
Daniel DeLeo

Thank you Daniel!

On 5/7/14 10:46 AM, "Daniel DeLeo" dan@kallistec.com wrote:

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM, David A. Williams wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I can't seem to find where to set the ssl_verify_mode setting when Chef
is installed as a gem. Can you help?

Thank you,

David Williams
This goes in the configuration file which is specific to the application
you are using.

For knife, the default is ~/.chef/knife.rb

For chef-client, the default is /etc/chef/client.rb

For chef-solo, the default is /etc/chef/solo.rb.

Note that if you are using local mode (the -z option for chef-client),
chef-client will look for client.rb in a path relative to your data
directory.

For any of the commands, you can use -c CONFIG_FILE to select a
specific configuration file.

--
Daniel DeLeo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.