Omnibus/windows

Are there any instructions on how to build a windows omnibus package?

Hello.

What kind of instructions you need?

I researched this question, when i was created my own omnibus-installer for windows 7 / windows server 2003.

You can take as example omnibus-chef repo - it has a project with name "chef-windows". I took this project as example for my project.

And you can ask some questions here - i can help with some.

With best regards, Anton Baranov.

среда, 21 августа 2013 г. в 8:29, Michael Hayes написал:

I have a ruby environment setup in Windows 7. I'm able to clone my omnibus package repository and bundle install, but how do I run 'bin/omnibus build project " like I would in OSX or Linux? If I type that into powershell, doesn't do anything - it just gives me a new prompt.

On Aug 21, 2013, at 12:46 AM, Anton Baranov anton@atalanta-systems.com wrote:

Hello.

I researched this question, when i was created my own omnibus-installer for windows 7 / windows server 2003.

You can take as example omnibus-chef repo - it has a project with name "chef-windows". I took this project as example for my project.

You should type sth like that:

c:\omnibus\omnibus-test> ruby bin\omnibus build project test

Because windows couldn't execute simple ruby files directly.

But, did you create omnibus.rb with actual paths for omnibus on windows in root of project?

четверг, 22 августа 2013 г. в 0:19, Michael Hayes написал:

I have a ruby environment setup in Windows 7. I'm able to clone my omnibus package repository and bundle install, but how do I run 'bin/omnibus build project " like I would in OSX or Linux? If I type that into powershell, doesn't do anything - it just gives me a new prompt.

On Aug 21, 2013, at 12:46 AM, Anton Baranov <anton@atalanta-systems.com (mailto:anton@atalanta-systems.com)> wrote:

Hello.

No. How do I do that?

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Anton Baranov anton@atalanta-systems.com wrote:

But, did you create omnibus.rb with actual paths for omnibus on windows in root of project?

As i said earlier, you should create an omnibus.rb file in the root of your project, which should contain sth like lines under "# windows config" in this file: https://github.com/opscode/omnibus-chef/blob/master/omnibus.rb.example.windows

четверг, 22 августа 2013 г. в 0:39, Michael Hayes написал:

No. How do I do that?

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Anton Baranov <anton@atalanta-systems.com (mailto:anton@atalanta-systems.com)> wrote:

Any hints on getting zlib to compile?

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Anton Baranov anton@atalanta-systems.com wrote:

As i said earlier, you should create an omnibus.rb file in the root of your project, which should contain sth like lines under "# windows config" in this file: https://github.com/opscode/omnibus-chef/blob/master/omnibus.rb.example.windows

No. How do I do that?

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Anton Baranov anton@atalanta-systems.com wrote:

I didn't work with omnibus and zlib.

четверг, 22 августа 2013 г. в 5:57, Michael Hayes написал:

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Anton Baranov <anton@atalanta-systems.com (mailto:anton@atalanta-systems.com)> wrote:

No. How do I do that?

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Anton Baranov <anton@atalanta-systems.com (mailto:anton@atalanta-systems.com)> wrote:

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Anton Baranov wrote:

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Anton Baranov <anton@atalanta-systems.com (mailto:anton@atalanta-systems.com)> wrote:
For the Windows omnibus packages, we cheat and use the Ruby DevKit packages for windows. I'm not familiar with the project, so I don't have any pointers on where to look, but you may be able to find what you need by browsing the source:

--
Daniel DeLeo

Yes, of course, we need to install dependencies before running omnibus for windows.

I found, that dependencies include these packages:
WiX toolset ( http://wix.codeplex.com/releases/view/93929 )
Git ( Git - Downloading Package )
Bundler (http://gembundler.com, bundler | RubyGems.org | your community gem host).
Ruby Development Kit. For Ruby 1.9.3-p448 is necessary to install this package: https://github.com/downloads/oneclick/rubyinstaller/DevKit-tdm-32-4.5.2-20111229-1559-sfx.exe . Full instructions here: Development Kit · oneclick/rubyinstaller Wiki · GitHub

These dependencies doesn't describe on official omnibus-ruby page, but without them omnibus doesn't work.

пятница, 23 августа 2013 г. в 1:22, Daniel DeLeo написал:

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Anton Baranov wrote:

For the Windows omnibus packages, we cheat and use the Ruby DevKit packages for windows. I'm not familiar with the project, so I don't have any pointers on where to look, but you may be able to find what you need by browsing the source:

GitHub - oneclick/rubyinstaller: RubyInstaller for Windows - Build recipes

--
Daniel DeLeo