i am looking to collect performance data that is integrated with Chef ,CPU, memory, and file system metrics only. Does anyone has a clue what would be the starting point?
I am working to pull the metrics from chef and send it to cloud-health for rightsizing can any please look in to below URL and help me on how can i move forward in getting the metrics through chef and send it to cloud health i use AWS-opswork Automate Chef…!
immediate response is appreciable…!
This file has been truncated.
# CloudHealth Metrics API
The CloudHealth Metrics API allows you to upload various performance metrics to CloudHealth. By doing so, you will not only have a better view into the health and performance of your systems, but CloudHealth will be able to generate better rightsizing recommendations.
Sending us metrics is as simple as POSTing a JSON document to the /metrics/v1 endpoint. The JSON format is described below.
1. Authentication via api-key is required as described in the main README document in this repo.
2. This API has a dry run facility that allows you to test your writes without actually persisting them to the database. To use it, just add `dryrun=true` as a query parameter to the URL.
3. If your client library does not support sending parameters via both the query string and the POST body, you can supply the API key and the dryrun flag as root level elements in the POST body.
4. We encourage you to include as many datapoints across multiple assets in a single request. For example, you could send 24 hourly metrics for 41 EC2 Instances in a single request.
## Current Limitations
This early release has the following limitations:
- You can post CPU, memory, and file system metrics only