Ports used by chef


#1

Anyone have a list of ports used for server to client chef?


#2

443 (https) is the only one I’m aware of (and the flow is client-chef to the server)

On Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM, djo@dave-n-georgi.com wrote:

Anyone have a list of ports used for server to client chef?


#3

Using the platform: outgoing to destination tcp port 443 (chef-client)
Using Open Source Chef server: outgoing to destination tcp port 4000
(chef-client); incoming to source tcp port 4000 (chef-server)

Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems

Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304.696.3428
Email: eric.wolfe@marshall.edu

BOFH excuse #84:

Someone is standing on the ethernet cable, causing a kink in the cable

On 12/07/2011 12:39 PM, Adam Greene wrote:

443 (https) is the only one I’m aware of (and the flow is client-chef
to the server)

On Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM, djo@dave-n-georgi.com wrote:

Anyone have a list of ports used for server to client chef?


#4

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:35 PM, djo@dave-n-georgi.com wrote:

Anyone have a list of ports used for server to client chef?

This depends on what port your Chef server is on, which is tcp/4000 by
default unless you proxy it with an http or https proxy.

Bryan


#5

Ohai,

On Dec 7, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Eric G. Wolfe wrote:

Using the platform: outgoing to destination tcp port 443 (chef-client)

For Opscode Hosted Chef, you also need outbound access to https://s3.amazonaws.com


Opscode, Inc
Joshua Timberman, Technical Program Manager
IRC, Skype, Twitter, Github: jtimberman