Rake install environments

Hello,

Is “rake install” supposed to upload the environments to the Chef repo? I ask because for me it doesn’t…

I found this thread on the archive that has no answer to this same question: http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2012-06/msg00060.html

Thanks,

• cassiano

On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Cassiano Leal wrote:

Hello,

Is "rake install" supposed to upload the environments to the Chef repo? I ask because for me it doesn't…

I found this thread on the archive that has no answer to this same question: chef - [chef] Re: Re: updating environments with Rake

Thanks,

• cassiano

The rake tasks are more or less deprecated and just a wrapper for knife. We encourage everyone to just use knife directly.

If you need "upload everything" functionality, check out knife-essentials, which is merged to core for Chef 11 (plugin for 10.x):

Includes awesome diff functionality, too.

--
Daniel DeLeo

Ah, got it. I just installed knife-essentials, but I keep getting these messages for whatever command I try to issue:

ERROR: Attempt to use relative path '*' when current directory is outside the repository path

Tried googling for it, but it seems that I'm alone on this one. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

• cassiano

On Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 14:42, Daniel DeLeo wrote:

On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Cassiano Leal wrote:

Hello,

Is "rake install" supposed to upload the environments to the Chef repo? I ask because for me it doesn't…

I found this thread on the archive that has no answer to this same question: chef - [chef] Re: Re: updating environments with Rake

Thanks,

• cassiano

The rake tasks are more or less deprecated and just a wrapper for knife. We encourage everyone to just use knife directly.

If you need "upload everything" functionality, check out knife-essentials, which is merged to core for Chef 11 (plugin for 10.x):

GitHub - jkeiser/knife-essentials: Knife commands to treat the Chef server like a filesystem

Includes awesome diff functionality, too.

--
Daniel DeLeo