Re: Re: WinRM cannot connect

I cannot connect with winrs.exe. How do I tell what ports are listening? A winrm -get winrm/config does not return a listener section. I might get on skype after lunch, about an hour.

William - it seems that the remote endpoint is not responding. Are you able to connect with the winrs.exe. What ports are listening on the remote host? You can skype me if you like BIA.pmorton

On Mar 23, 2012, at 8:20 AM, “Soula, William” <wsoula@mobicorp.commailto:wsoula@mobicorp.com> wrote:

I’ve started using chef so I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list for my questions or if what I am trying to do is unsupported. I’m trying to setup a windows server 2003 R2 machine and then connect to it through knife and winrm. I ran winrm quickconfig –q on the server and at first was getting an error about not enough end points or something about end points. Then I figured out that the windows firewall had to be turned on for the quickconfig to work. So I turned this on and now the server is setup for remote management. But when I try to connect to it and run ipconfig I get an error:

ERROR: Network Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2)

The command I am running is:

knife winrm [server] ipconfig -m -x [localadmin] -P [password]

localadmin exists on the server as a local administrator

Can anyone help me or is it a winRM problem and I should ask on a different mailing list, or is it a knife problem that should be asked on a different mailing list?

Thanks,
Will