Software Installed (Version )and Agents

Greeting Professionals,

Our infrastructure has Total of 550+ instance running on AWS both linux and Windows and very Few Amazon linux machine out of that nearly 430 servers (nodes) are registered to AWS provisioned chef-automate server .

My question is that , is there any specific command to pull the information of what are all the software or agents installed on those servers both Linux/Windows , i knew there is Ohai plugin which can pull the information but i gives me all the unwanted data in json which is pain in neck to convert that into CSV format as the file is so huge its like 50Mb and the document could not load full information ,

I required only specific attributes to get the information of
IP ADDRESS
INSTANCE ID
OS NAME
OS Plat Form
KERNEL
LANDSCAPE
SOFTWARE OR AGENT INSTALLED ALONG WITH VERSION ON THAT PARTICULAR SERVER

Please help me on this to get the information.

Thanks
Prashanth

Have a look at ‘knife search’ https://docs.chef.io/knife_search.html

Nic i tried using the documents i found the attributes that can pull up except software installed

Can you please help me in adding the attribute for software installed for linux i guess it shows as package but windows i have no idea

i could able to retrieve the information by using below command

knife search node ‘.’ -a ec2.instance_id -a fqdn -a ec2.local_ipv4 -a domain -a ec2.instance_type -a cpu.total -a memory.active -a ec2.placement_availability_zone -a kernel.name -a kernel.release -a platform -a platform_version -a platform_family

im looking for the servers on which only .NET framework is installed . can i pull that information i tried “-a package” in the above command it shows all the packages installed but i dont want that, i need only the specific software that are installedon the server

please help me

Thanks
prash

Prash,

You should be able to pipe the output of knife search to grep, something like:

knife search node -a package | grep .NET

i tried but This is not working im not able to retrieve the data by using pipe and put it into a file. it only displays the total count of nodes registered to chef-server

Can you please help me on this issue i need ip's on which the Appdymanics is installed by when i give the command it gives the result like this

Please help