#1

Hello Chefs,

We are pleased to announce Blender, an opensource modular orchestration
engine written in ruby to complement and enhance our automation suite.

Blender allows running tasks/commands using pluggable backends (ssh, serf
etc) against fleet of hosts (which can be discovered by chef, serf, zk
etc). It also allows concurrency, fine control of execution order,
distributed locking (zk) for synchornization etc.

Blender, was grown out of our need to orchestrate and summarize fleet wide
workflows (like chef runs, , multi staged bootstrapping, cassandra/zk and
other cluster operations/provisioning etc).

Blender github repo:

cheers
ranjib


#2

This is cool, Ranjib.

Nice work.

Adam

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Ranjib Dey ranjib@pagerduty.com wrote:

Hello Chefs,

We are pleased to announce Blender, an opensource modular orchestration
engine written in ruby to complement and enhance our automation suite.

Blender allows running tasks/commands using pluggable backends (ssh, serf
etc) against fleet of hosts (which can be discovered by chef, serf, zk
etc). It also allows concurrency, fine control of execution order,
distributed locking (zk) for synchornization etc.

Blender, was grown out of our need to orchestrate and summarize fleet wide
workflows (like chef runs, , multi staged bootstrapping, cassandra/zk and
other cluster operations/provisioning etc).

Blender github repo:
https://github.com/PagerDuty/blender

cheers
ranjib


#3

This is way cool! Awesome job…I wish I had this a couple of years ago :slight_smile:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Adam Jacob adam@getchef.com wrote:

This is cool, Ranjib.

Nice work.

Adam

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Ranjib Dey ranjib@pagerduty.com wrote:

Hello Chefs,

We are pleased to announce Blender, an opensource modular orchestration
engine written in ruby to complement and enhance our automation suite.

Blender allows running tasks/commands using pluggable backends (ssh, serf
etc) against fleet of hosts (which can be discovered by chef, serf, zk
etc). It also allows concurrency, fine control of execution order,
distributed locking (zk) for synchornization etc.

Blender, was grown out of our need to orchestrate and summarize fleet
wide workflows (like chef runs, , multi staged bootstrapping, cassandra/zk
and other cluster operations/provisioning etc).

Blender github repo:
https://github.com/PagerDuty/blender

cheers
ranjib


#4

This looks great! I’ll be implementing a test stack with this hopefully
starting next week. Yay great new stuff to play with! (also hopefully a
much happier customer relation team if the product comes down and back up
in the stages as designed)
On Sep 10, 2014 11:57 PM, “Jordan Dea-Mattson” jdm-lists@dea-mattson.com
wrote:

This is way cool! Awesome job…I wish I had this a couple of years ago :slight_smile:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM, Adam Jacob adam@getchef.com wrote:

This is cool, Ranjib.

Nice work.

Adam

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Ranjib Dey ranjib@pagerduty.com wrote:

Hello Chefs,

We are pleased to announce Blender, an opensource modular orchestration
engine written in ruby to complement and enhance our automation suite.

Blender allows running tasks/commands using pluggable backends (ssh,
serf etc) against fleet of hosts (which can be discovered by chef, serf, zk
etc). It also allows concurrency, fine control of execution order,
distributed locking (zk) for synchornization etc.

Blender, was grown out of our need to orchestrate and summarize fleet
wide workflows (like chef runs, , multi staged bootstrapping, cassandra/zk
and other cluster operations/provisioning etc).

Blender github repo:
https://github.com/PagerDuty/blender

cheers
ranjib