Trust Relationship Between The Primary Domain and the Trusted Domain Failed

So I've been documenting all of my troubles bootstrapping windows for the first time over here - Bootstrap Windows with Proxy - "Failed download: download completed, but downloaded file not found" - #13 by matt.keller - so if want a little more context feel free to pop over there. I've made progress on that issue but in the interest of moving forward and learning Chef, I've basically worked around the proxy issue as best I can through Proxy exclusions. That COULD still be what the issue is here but I'm hoping someone has a simpler explanation.

I can post the stacktrace.out if anyone would like to see that but here is the command and here is the error below.

knife winrm 'name:cheftest02' chef-client --winrm-user 'mycreds' -
-winrm-password 'mypassword'

cheftest02.cbc.local Error executing action create on resource 'directory[c:\inetpub\wwwroot]'
cheftest02.cbc.local ================================================================================
cheftest02.cbc.local
cheftest02.cbc.local Chef::Exceptions::Win32APIError
cheftest02.cbc.local -------------------------------
cheftest02.cbc.local The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.
cheftest02.cbc.local ---- Begin Win32 API output ----
cheftest02.cbc.local System Error Code: 1788
cheftest02.cbc.local System Error Message: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.
cheftest02.cbc.local ---- End Win32 API output ----

This seems to be a general windows error and not particularly related to Chef but I have multiple nodes and this is happening when I try to run chef-client for the first time - I didn't specify a run-list when I bootstrapped them because I had so much trouble bootstrapping. But now I can't get it to run at all due to this error :frowning:

Thanks all!