I am wanting to test a cookbook in an environment called dev1 which has the same name as a cookbook in _default. The cookbook name is test. Here is my problem
- I uploaded the cookbook using “knife cookbook upload test -E dev1”
- I ran “knife cookbook show test 0.1.0” and it doesn’t list the environment
- I added the node to the run_list of test but the node is in the _default environment. I was expecting an error but it got added successfully.
- I then uploaded the test cookbook “knife cookbook upload test”
- When I run knife cookbook list I only see one (I assumed I would have two cookbooks one for _default and one for dev1)
The reason for this testing is because I have a cookbook that I have made changes to and want to test it in dev1 and want to make sure that it doesn’t get pushed out to production. This cookbook has the same name windows_hardening. How can I make sure this doesn’t happen?