We’re closing in on the 10.14.0 release and we have rc.1 available as
both a gem and as Omnibus packages.
Big new things in 10.14:
- whyrun (a noop mode, but more useful and truthful) (CHEF-13) 
- output formatters for chef-client output 
- Omnibus packages for Solaris x86 10,11
- Omnibus packages for Solaris sparc 9,10,11
- Omnibus now contains Ruby 1.9.3-p194 and Rubygems 1.8.24 (CHEF-2871)
- IPS package provider (CHEF-2496)
… and much more (73 tickets). Give it a run, let us know what you think.
— Rubygems install:
gem install chef --pre
— Omnibus install:
The Omnibus packages are now provided through an simpler API endpoint
which fully supports HTTPS.
Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org