Chef 10.14.0.rc.0 gem released


#1

We’ve released the first release candidate of Chef 10.14.0. You can
try it out with the traditional ‘gem install chef --pre’ command.

This release adds the why-run feature as well as output formatters. I
described these depth here, please give it a read:

http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2012-07/msg00025.html

We’d appreciate folks testing out why-run under their use cases and
dropping an entry on the wiki when they do. It is important to us that
it works for you.

http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Whyrun+Testing

We’ve been improving our Omnibus release infrastructure and expect to
have Omnibus builds of 10.14.0.rc.0 shortly as well. I’ll drop a note
when those are available.


Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org


#2

is the windows installer up-to-date? The installer’s filename didn’t have any info to indicate it is 10.14. ( it said installer.msi ).

thanks

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:19 AM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

We’ve released the first release candidate of Chef 10.14.0. You can
try it out with the traditional ‘gem install chef --pre’ command.

This release adds the why-run feature as well as output formatters. I
described these depth here, please give it a read:

http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2012-07/msg00025.html

We’d appreciate folks testing out why-run under their use cases and
dropping an entry on the wiki when they do. It is important to us that
it works for you.

http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Whyrun+Testing

We’ve been improving our Omnibus release infrastructure and expect to
have Omnibus builds of 10.14.0.rc.0 shortly as well. I’ll drop a note
when those are available.


Bryan McLellan | opscode | technical program manager, open source
© 206.607.7108 | (t) @btmspox | (b) http://blog.loftninjas.org


#3

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Barrow Kwan bhkwan@thoughtworks.com wrote:

is the windows installer up-to-date? The installer’s filename didn’t have any info to indicate it is 10.14. ( it said installer.msi ).

This is a release candidate, not the actual 10.14 release, so a
regular install using Omnibus or the Windows MSI will still be 10.12.0

Bryan


#4

thanks. any idea when will 10.14 be available for Windows MSI and Omnibus?

On Aug 22, 2012, at 7:09 AM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Barrow Kwan bhkwan@thoughtworks.com wrote:

is the windows installer up-to-date? The installer’s filename didn’t have any info to indicate it is 10.14. ( it said installer.msi ).

This is a release candidate, not the actual 10.14 release, so a
regular install using Omnibus or the Windows MSI will still be 10.12.0

Bryan


#5

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Barrow Kwan bhkwan@thoughtworks.com wrote:

thanks. any idea when will 10.14 be available for Windows MSI and Omnibus?

As soon as it is gets sufficient testing and then goes three days
without a regression found.

Bryan