We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20210125155346 of Chef Automate 2.
- We made Chef Automate more secure by moving the credentials from your user configuration into a secrets store (#4571):
- Supports LDAP and MSAD bind passwords in the secrets field
- You can pass secrets as environment variables
config showterminal output is secrets-free
- Fixed a bug in the
20210116175706release that caused the
deployment-serviceto crash with the migration of LDAP and MSAD passwords to an encrypted format.
Chef Product Versions
This release uses:
- Chef Habitat version 1.6.181/20201030172917
- Chef Habitat Builder version 8997/20200812161534
- Chef Infra Server version 14.0.65/20201020065137
- Chef InSpec version 4.23.4/20200909235900
View the package manifest for the latest release.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!