I’m a proficient Ruby developer, my team is using Chef and I’m looking to get certified. I put together a simple outline for my plan to become a Chef Certified Developer and have some questions!
My plan is laid out like this:
PREP => TEST
The three tests I believe I need to pass are: Chef Basic Fluency, Cookbook Development, and Deploying Cookbooks.
Note: I’ve decided to take the Deploying Cookbooks badge as my third required test.
This is my plan:
- Linux Academy Certified Chef Developer Basic Chef Fluency Badge => Basic Chef Fluency Badge
- Linux Academy Chef Local Cookbook Development Badge => Local Cookbook Development Badge
- ? => Deploying Cookbooks Badge
Some things I’m curious about:
- What do you think about my choice to do the Deploying Cookbooks instead of the Extending Chef?
- How would you recommend I prep for the Deploying Cookbooks Badge? What resources, blog posts, etc. are related to the material in that specific test?