Chef Client 12.9 is now available via the downloads site. The release notes contains a summary of features we want to highlight. The CHANGELOG lists all the merged PRs and closed issues in this release.
I’ve included the release notes below:
- 64-bit chef-client for Microsoft Windows Starting with chef-client 12.9, 64-bit packages are available from both the downloads site and the install scripts.
- New property for the mdadm resource Use the mdadm_defaults property to set the default values for chunk and metadata to nil, which allows mdadm to apply its own default values.
- File redirection in Windows for 32-bit applications Files on Microsoft Windows that are managed by the file and directory resources are subject to file redirection, depending if the chef-client is 64-bit or 32-bit.
- Registry key redirection in Windows for 32-bit applications Registry keys on Microsoft Windows that are managed by the registry_key resource are subject to key redirection, depending if the chef-client is 64-bit or 32-bit.
- New values for log_location Use :win_evt to write log output to the (Windows Event Logger and :syslog to write log output to the syslog daemon facility with the originator set as chef-client.
- New timeout setting for knife ssh Set the --ssh-timeout setting to an integer (in seconds) as part of a knife ssh command. The ssh_timeout setting may also be configured (as seconds) in the knife.rb file.
As always, let us know if you encounter any issues.