Hello InSpec friends!
We are delighted to announce the availability of version 4.18.51 of Chef InSpec. Changes include:
- Readable: A message appears to the user when fetching a profile fails, instead of a wordy stack trace.
- New Standard: Updating to rspec 3.9 means that output on failures changes from "X should be Y" to "X is expected to be Y".
- No More Sign-in Sheet: The
WindowsUserresource now tests for the user's last login date. Thank you @mbaitelman for your contribution!
- Transformed: Wired up
controlblocks to use resources.
- Future Proofing: Compatibility fixes added in preparation for ruby 2.7.
- Logging at Last: Fixed
inspec detectso the
--log-level=<level>command works properly.
- Technical Adjustment: Moved
lib/inspec/fetcherand re-namespaced accordingly.
Get the Build
You can download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.