We have a great new release of Chef Supermarket out with a small regression fix, a ton of security enhancements, and some general polish to the user experience. Be sure to check it out and update your on-prem Supermarket installs.
- A regression introduced in 4.0, which caused the cookbook version pulldown to fail to load has been resolved.
- User profiles now display a Slack icon next to their Slack username.
- Adopting or updating the maintainers for a cookbook now triggers a reevaluation of the quality score.
- Minor branding updates have been made.
- Embedded Chef Infra Client for
supermarket-ctl reconfigurehas been upgraded from 16.13 to 17.6.
Supermarket packages are now up to 15% smaller, with similar space savings for the Supermarket installation as well.
OpenSSL has been updated from 1.0.2za to 1.0.2zb to resolve issues with Let's Encrypt certificates.
The cacerts bundle has been updated to the 2021-09-30 release which removes older expired root certificates and adds the following new root certificates:
- AC RAIZ FNMT-RCM SERVIDORES SEGUROS
- GlobalSign Root R46
- GlobalSign Root E46
- GLOBALTRUST 2020
- ANF Secure Server Root CA
- Certum EC-384 CA
- Certum Trusted Root CA
The nokogiri gem has been updated to 1.12.5 to resolve CVE-2021-41098.
The puma gem has been updated from 5.5.0 to 5.5.2 to resolve CVE-2021-41136.
You can download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.