We are delighted to announce the availability of version 21.1.247 of Chef Workstation.
Chef Infra Client
Chef Infra Client has been updated from 16.9.20 to 16.9.32.
- Resolved orphaned PowerShell processes when using Compliance Remediation content.
- Resolved failures from running
chef-clienton some Windows systems.
- Compliance Phase: Improved detection of the
auditcookbook when it is used for compliance reporting.
- chef-shell: Added support for loading configs in
client.ddirectories - Thanks @jaymzh!
Chef InSpec has been updated from 4.24.32 to 4.26.14.
- You can now directly refer to settings in the
nginx_confresource using the
itssyntax. Thanks @rgeissert!
- You can now specify the shell type for WinRM connections using the
--winrm-shell-typeoption. Thanks @catriona1!
- Plugin settings can now be set programmatically. Thanks @tecracer-theinen!
- OpenSSH Client on Windows can now be tested with the ssh_config and sshd_config resources. Thanks @rgeissert!
--reporter-message-truncationoption now also truncates the
code_descfield, preventing failures when sending large reports to Automate.
- Updated the
oracledb_sessionto use more general invocation options. Thanks @pacopal!
- Fixed an error with the
httpresource in Chef Infra Client by including
faraday_middlewarein the gemspec.
- Fixed an incompatibility between
tomlin Chef Infra Client.
- Improved programmatic plugin configuration.
Test Kitchen has been updated from 2.9 to 2.10.
Uploading Files In the Provisioner
Test Kitchen now allows you to upload files from your workstation to the test node within the provisioner. The new
uploads config accepts a hash mapping local files to files on the remote test node. Thanks for this new feature @tecracer-theinen!
Uploading a config file before running Chef Infra Client
provisioner: name: chef_zero uploads: "foo.cfg": "/etc/foo.cfg"
Includes/Excludes Filters in Lifecycle Hooks
You can now exclude or include platforms from running in a lifecycle hook. This is particularly useful when running commands like
apt-get update which can only be run on certain systems. Thanks for this new feature @jasonwbarnett!
Excluding apt-get update on RHEL
lifecycle: pre_converge: - remote: | "apt-get update" exclude: - rhel-7 - rhel-8
uninitialized constant Kitchen::Loader::YAML::Psycherror - @dwmarshall
Kitchen Inspec Verifier
The kitchen-inspec verifier plugin has been updated from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0. This new release improves performance by setting the
backend_cache config to
true by default.
The Chef CLI has been updated to allow
chef generate to properly create files in subdirectories.
Get the Build
If you are running the Chef Workstation toolbar application you can download this version from the menu after the app next update check. You can also download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your email. Thanks for using Chef Workstation!