We are delighted to announce the availability of version 21.3.346 of Chef Workstation.
- We resolved a failure running our embedded
curlon macOS systems. Thanks for reporting this @kmf.
- We updated the
chef-runcommand to allow using symbols in resources defined on the command-line.
- We resolved frozen string errors that could occur in Test Kitchen. Thanks for the help with this @tbugfinder.
@signe fixed fetching the validation key from AWS S3 with
We've improved how the Test Kitchen
dokken driver handles Docker registries other than DockerHub. You should now be able to configure DockerHub mirrors without any requests being made to DockerHub. Thanks @jaymzh! We've also updated the
docker-api gem to 2.1.0. The
docker-api gem powers the dokken driver and this update adds support for running dokken against Podman.
The Test Kitchen
azurerm driver has been updated to use unique instance names by default to avoid conflicts. Systems will now be named
tk-RANDOMVALUE instead of just
vm. Thanks @jasonwbarnett!
Cookstyle has been updated from 7.8 to 7.9. This release includes an updated RuboCop engine with improved detection and autocorrection capabilities.
Chef Infra Client
Chef Infra Client has been updated to 16.11, with minor bug fixes. See the Chef Infra Client Release Notes for more details.
Chef InSpec has been updated from 4.26.13 to 4.29.3.
- The JSON metadata pass-through configuration has been moved from the Automate reporter to the JSON Reporter
- Added the option to filter out empty profiles from reports.
- Exposed the
paramsproperties to the
- Added the ability to specify
--userwhen connecting to docker containers.
- Fixed the
crontabresource when passing a username to AIX.
- Stopped a backtrace from occurring when using
nilwith a non-existing file.
- The apt resource now correctly fetches all package repositories using the
-nameflag in an environment where ZSH is the user's default shell.
inspec execnow correctly filters the controls by name.
- Updates how InSpec profiles are created with GCP or AWS providers so they use
inspec execwill now fetch profiles via Git regardless of the name of the default branch.
git client in Workstation has been updated to 2.30.2 to resolve CVE-2021-21300.
Get the Build
If you are running the Chef Workstation toolbar application you can download this version from the menu after the app next update check. You can also download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your email. Thanks for using Chef Workstation!