ChefConf

I noticed last year they had two different types of workshops, one was the
sysadmin track, and the other was a developer focused session.

I do not see any references to the developer session this year? Has it
been discontinued? Or simply unannounced as of yet?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for asking! We are still finalizing the details of our Workshops for #ChefConf 2013. We will likely have a couple of Introductory Workshops one for Linux and one for Windows. We are also working on lining up some additional workshops that go beyond an intro to Chef. These may cover some advanced topics and / or things not directly related to Chef.

For example, we’re trying to line-up a one-day introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS) 0 which can provide a framework for incident management.

Last year’s developer session was really an “Introduction to Chef for Application Developers” which left some people disappointed because they were expecting an “Introduction to Developing Chef” or something along those lines.

Do you have suggestions for workshops or ideas on what sort of workshop you’d like to attend? I’d love to hear from you: nharvey@opscode.com.

Thanks!
Nathen
@nathenharvey

From: Mark Pimentel <markpimentel22@gmail.commailto:markpimentel22@gmail.com>
Reply-To: "chef@lists.opscode.commailto:chef@lists.opscode.com" <chef@lists.opscode.commailto:chef@lists.opscode.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:31 PM
To: "chef@lists.opscode.commailto:chef@lists.opscode.com" <chef@lists.opscode.commailto:chef@lists.opscode.com>
Subject: [chef] ChefConf

I noticed last year they had two different types of workshops, one was the sysadmin track, and the other was a developer focused session.

I do not see any references to the developer session this year? Has it been discontinued? Or simply unannounced as of yet?

Thanks,

Mark