Code for manipulating organizations in a Private Chef instance?


#1

Anyone out there in Chefcommunityland doing anything to script
organization objects in a Private Chef instance?

I would really like to be able to dynamically create an org,
grab/generate a validator and send out/accept some invites. Remotely,
without using orgmapper. I don’t want to do this so badly that I’m
ready to dig into the guts of Private Chef or anything, but, y’know.
I’d still like to be able to do it.

So, info/pointers appreciated. If there’s nothing already out there
and I were able to implement this as a knife plugin or Chef LWRP, I’d
be happy to share that code back out*.

    • provided that my employer and Opscode were also happy for me to
      do that, of course. :smiley:

#2

Hi Steve,

On Oct 12, 2012, at 3:30 PM, steve . wrote:

Anyone out there in Chefcommunityland doing anything to script
organization objects in a Private Chef instance?

I would really like to be able to dynamically create an org,
grab/generate a validator and send out/accept some invites. Remotely,
without using orgmapper. I don’t want to do this so badly that I’m
ready to dig into the guts of Private Chef or anything, but, y’know.
I’d still like to be able to do it.

Our internal testing tool at Opscode scripts these operations for testing Private Chef. I’d suggest contacting us via a support ticket to ask about this.

  • seth

#3

We are totally hopping on this bandwagon as well. It’s easier to drive
voluntary adoption in a large org when everything is handed to a project
team ready to go.

Sascha Bates | sascha.bates@gmail.com | 612 850 0444 |
sascha.bates@skype | sascha_bates@yahoo |
On 10/13/12 5:47 PM, Seth Falcon wrote:

Hi Steve,

On Oct 12, 2012, at 3:30 PM, steve . wrote:

Anyone out there in Chefcommunityland doing anything to script
organization objects in a Private Chef instance?

I would really like to be able to dynamically create an org,
grab/generate a validator and send out/accept some invites. Remotely,
without using orgmapper. I don’t want to do this so badly that I’m
ready to dig into the guts of Private Chef or anything, but, y’know.
I’d still like to be able to do it.
Our internal testing tool at Opscode scripts these operations for testing Private Chef. I’d suggest contacting us via a support ticket to ask about this.

  • seth

#4

Okay, I’ll open a ticket on this next week. If I produce anything
useful and I’m permitted to share it by the entities involved, I’ll
let you all know…

(Thanks, everyone!)

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Sascha Bates sascha.bates@gmail.com wrote:

We are totally hopping on this bandwagon as well. It’s easier to drive
voluntary adoption in a large org when everything is handed to a project
team ready to go.

Sascha Bates | sascha.bates@gmail.com | 612 850 0444 | sascha.bates@skype |
sascha_bates@yahoo |

On 10/13/12 5:47 PM, Seth Falcon wrote:

Hi Steve,

On Oct 12, 2012, at 3:30 PM, steve . wrote:

Anyone out there in Chefcommunityland doing anything to script
organization objects in a Private Chef instance?

I would really like to be able to dynamically create an org,
grab/generate a validator and send out/accept some invites. Remotely,
without using orgmapper. I don’t want to do this so badly that I’m
ready to dig into the guts of Private Chef or anything, but, y’know.
I’d still like to be able to do it.

Our internal testing tool at Opscode scripts these operations for testing
Private Chef. I’d suggest contacting us via a support ticket to ask about
this.

  • seth