Error when uploading cookbook with Berkshelf

Hi,

I’m hitting this error during a berks upload:

Ridley::Errors::HTTPBadRequest: {"error":["Invalid element in array value of 'files'."]}
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_response.rb:24:in on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:9:in block in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:63:in on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_auth.rb:74:in call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/retry.rb:29:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:247:in run_request' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/connection.rb:104:in run_request'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:112:in put' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/celluloid-0.14.1/lib/celluloid/calls.rb:25:in public_send’

Other uploads worked flawlessly, so my guess is that there’s something different about this specific cookbook, but I can’t figure out what. The message doesn’t mean anything special to me, so if you have any idea as to where to look for the problem, I’d appreciate hearing — or rather reading — them.

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal

Can you list the directory structure of the cookbook with issues? Probably
something inside the files folder.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Cassiano Leal cassianoleal@gmail.comwrote:

Hi,

Ridley::Errors::HTTPBadRequest: {"error":["Invalid element in array value
of 'files'."]}
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_response.rb:24:in
on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:9:in block in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:63:in
on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in
call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_auth.rb:74:in
call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/retry.rb:29:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:247:in
run_request' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/connection.rb:104:in run_request'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:112:in
put' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/celluloid-0.14.1/lib/celluloid/calls.rb:25:in public_send’

Other uploads worked flawlessly, so my guess is that there’s something
different about this specific cookbook, but I can’t figure out what. The
message doesn’t mean anything special to me, so if you have any idea as to
where to look for the problem, I’d appreciate hearing — or rather reading
— them.

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal

No need, reading your e-mail made me look into it. I found some .DS_Store files lying around in there, and removing them did the trick.

What intrigues me now is that I have .DS_Store in the chefignore file. Shouldn’t this have been enough?

Cheers!
Cassiano Leal

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 19:06, Andrew Gross wrote:

Can you list the directory structure of the cookbook with issues? Probably something inside the files folder.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Cassiano Leal <cassianoleal@gmail.com (mailto:cassianoleal@gmail.com)> wrote:

Hi,

Ridley::Errors::HTTPBadRequest: {"error":["Invalid element in array value of 'files'."]}
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_response.rb:24:in on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:9:in block in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:63:in on_complete' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/response.rb:8:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/chef_auth.rb:74:in call' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/middleware/retry.rb:29:in call'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:247:in run_request' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/ridley-1.2.4/lib/ridley/connection.rb:104:in run_request'
/Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/faraday-0.8.7/lib/faraday/connection.rb:112:in put' /Users/cassiano/.gem/ruby/1.9.3/gems/celluloid-0.14.1/lib/celluloid/calls.rb:25:in public_send’

Other uploads worked flawlessly, so my guess is that there’s something different about this specific cookbook, but I can’t figure out what. The message doesn’t mean anything special to me, so if you have any idea as to where to look for the problem, I’d appreciate hearing — or rather reading — them.

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal