Getting a Deprecated warning message

Hi all,

When I vagrant up a box today, I got this warning message. It seems to have
come from yum_globalconfig

==> Server-003: Deprecated features used!

==> Server-003: Cannot specify both default and name_property together on
property path of resource yum_globalconfig. Only one (name_property) will
be obeyed. In Chef 13, this will become an error. at 1 location:

==> Server-003: -
/var/chef/cache/cookbooks/yum/resources/globalconfig.rb:76:in
`class_from_file’

==> Server-003: version nil currently does not overwrite the value of
version. This will change in Chef 13, and the value will be set to nil
instead. Please change your code to explicitly accept nil using “property
:version, [MyType, nil]”, or stop setting this value to nil. at 3 locations:

==> Server-003: - /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/recipes/pip.rb:52:in
`block in from_file’

/var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/recipes/virtualenv.rb:25:in `block in
from_file’

/var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/providers/pip.rb:98:in
`load_current_resource’

Is there anything I need to do?

Cheers

On Oct 8, 2015, at 8:06 PM, Anthony Kong anthony.hw.kong@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

When I vagrant up a box today, I got this warning message. It seems to have come from yum_globalconfig

==> Server-003: Deprecated features used!

==> Server-003: Cannot specify both default and name_property together on property path of resource yum_globalconfig. Only one (name_property) will be obeyed. In Chef 13, this will become an error. at 1 location:

==> Server-003: - /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/yum/resources/globalconfig.rb:76:in `class_from_file'

==> Server-003: version nil currently does not overwrite the value of version. This will change in Chef 13, and the value will be set to nil instead. Please change your code to explicitly accept nil using "property :version, [MyType, nil]", or stop setting this value to nil. at 3 locations:

==> Server-003: - /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/recipes/pip.rb:52:in `block in from_file'

==> Server-003: - /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/recipes/virtualenv.rb:25:in `block in from_file'

==> Server-003: - /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/python/providers/pip.rb:98:in `load_current_resource'

Is there anything I need to do?

As the warning states, the yum_globalconfig resource has an error in it which we will stop supporting after Chef 13. The line in question is https://github.com/chef-cookbooks/yum/blob/master/resources/globalconfig.rb#L77, which has both a default and name_attribute option. The default there should be removed. For the time being we have matched the behavior of earlier releases, so other than the warning it should be fine.

--Noah