I’m getting to the point where I think I can take down the “(WIP don’t
It is not yet clear to me if the Chef community would use this (one
application mentioned below).
How do people want to see this work:
- If someone (group), reputable (as defined by the community), wants
to take over the cookbooks account… I’m more than happy to hand over
- Cookbook specific collaborators: Allow? Criteria people would like
to see applied?
- Keep github issues page for each cookbook?
- Comments on default branch names (live, master, qa, 37s) and tags?
These are generated for the opscode cookbooks. 37Signals cookbooks
have the 37s branch/tags
- A Chef Cookbook Library web site ala .
Downloads don’t seem relevant, but some metric as a
f(watching,fork,issues) might be of use. One can also imagine parsing
the metadata file and indicating platforms, etc. etc.
πόλλ’ οἶδ ἀλώπηξ, ἀλλ’ ἐχῖνος ἓν μέγα
[The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.]
Archilochus, Greek poet (c. 680 BC – c. 645 BC)