Introducing the CBGB

Ohai Chefs!

Chef was designed from the outset to have a very open structure, including open design, open contribution, and consistent use of tools across the project. Given the large numbers of contributors, users, and companies with a stake in the future of the project, Chef leadership is looking to establish an advisory board, as part of its long term commitment to open governance.

The Chef Governance Board (CBGB) will consist of up to 12 members.

(1) Project Lead: Adam Jacob
(4) Users/Contributors
(4) Corporate Contributors
(3) Lieutenants

You can find all the details about how the board will work in this RFC.

At this point I’m asking for your help getting the best possible representation for this group. Today we are launching the nomination phase for the Users/Contributors. Please review the criteria and nominate yourself or a candidate you would like to see. Nominations will close on October 26th.

Voting for all categories will start on November 2 and will close on November 16. Every community member is encouraged and welcome to vote. Nominate away and always reach out with any questions.

FAQ

What qualifies as a “use case”
A “use case” is any contribution that helps people use Chef or supports the Chef ecosystem. Examples may include a blog post about how you are using Chef, a cookbook shared with the community, or a knife plugin or other tool.

If selected for the CBGB will I be required to cover my travel expenses to Seattle for the quarterly meetings?
We are committed to making the quarterly meetings feasible for every member of the CBGB. We may hold the meetings remotely via video conference or may provide a stipend for travel expenses.

Love,
Adam

3 Likes

Following up on Adam’s post, nomination are now open for the CBGB. Please get your nominations in as soon as possible and please do nominate yourself if you’d like to join the board.

We are going to extend the nomination deadline by three days until midnight on Thursday, October 29.

Get your nominations in today!

http://goo.gl/forms/OBOSTJ9gEP

Thanks,
Nathen