Kiah Tolliver shared
Just two updates from DevRel this week:
- We will be collaborating with the Telerik team here at Progress to do a Thankmas stream. The idea is to go live and engage our respective communities with the intention of fundraising for charity. We invite you to tune in on our YouTube and Twitch accounts to root us on as we fundraise for charity.
- If you're doing something cool with Chef that'd you'd like to show off and share with the community, we'd love to have you on our live stream! Ping @damacus or me if you'd like to learn more.
Chef Infra Server
Kiah Tolliver shared
Chef Infra Server 14.11.15 Released! This release addresses bug fixes and performance and security improvements. Read more about that here.
Hello from Habiland! This weeks updates:
- Making progress on next core-plans refresh
- Working on tool to auto version bump core packages
- Working on HA on prem builder support
- Migrated status page from dedicated habitat status to status.chef.io
- Fixed saas event logs bug for signed in users
- Released latest builder packages to SAAS builder
- Working on a way to turn off auto builds at the origin level internally
- Investigating failures of large package uploads to builder
Chef Infra Client
- Shipped Infra Client 17.8 with a ton of new features Chef Infra Client Release Notes
- Continuing to work on client.pem storage in the Windows Certificate Store
- Large scale updates to yum package support to modernize the code base and resolve a number of edge cases
- 2022 roadmap planning
note from mikevg
one note on 17.8 release. it broke
windows_feature and is being worked on at windows feature installs are no longer working · Issue #12349 · chef/chef .
Chef Infra Server
From @Jan shahid shaik and the Server team
- Chef Server 14.11.15 has been released.
- Chef-server-ctl user-list is failing after updating CS to 14.11.1 Update the version of chef-server in Automate · Issue #2652 · chef/chef-server
- Improve logging and tooling for troubleshooting, Updated the wiki page with load setup Improve logging and tooling for troubleshooting · Issue #2858 · chef/chef-server
- Working on upgrading chef-server in automate environment. Fixing the Erchef & Nginx components being critical. Update the version of chef-server in Automate · Issue #2652 · chef/chef-server
- Automate mundane configuration/setup in dev vm and/or vagrant. [Automate mundane (Automate mundane configuration/setup in dev vm and/or vagrant · Issue #2986 · chef/chef-server · GitHub)
- Backup issue while doing upgrade preparations. backup issue while doing upgrade preparations · Issue #2922 · chef/chef-server
- Searching a node is not consistence using the small and capital letter. searching a node is not consistence using the small and capital letter · Issue #2817 · chef/chef-server
The Chef InSpec team has been working on:
- Adding a
- Adding support for a
is_latest?matcher for the
- Investigating support for tls1.2 and 1.3 on the
- Looking into an issue with unicode in an error message in German-language Windows installations
- Adding support for using an SSH config file
Nikhil Gupta shared
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- docker 10.1.4: Fix raise when using mixed address families with a network
It's been a fairly quiet week after the best last few...
We've also been looking into a solution with rate limiting on some of our CI jobs that use vagrant. Hoping to have that resolved soon
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Looking into issues when upgrading to latest Cinc Server release
- Will be releasing 14.11.15 once those issues have been resolved
- Released 16.17.18 and 17.8.25
- Looking into run-time issues with Cinc 17 on Windows
Still looking into issues with our new MacOS 12 builder
Dan Webb shared
Sous are also working on a website refresh,
Slack show a preview of this link, connect your Slack account.
I'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions for other Hugo templates
We felt left out after chef had their refresh this week
(which I think we can all agree looks awesome )