Today Facebook has cut long overdue releases of our two biggest chef tools:
Grocery-Delivery and Taste-Tester.
Grocery-Delivery is a tool for keeping your Chef Server(s) in sync with your
VCS repository - i.e. continuous delivery to your Chef Server(s). Taste-Tester
is a tool for managing chef-zero instances as a testing infrastructure and
being able to leverage production systems for real tests.
Changelogs are here:
- Remove timestamp option
- Add option to track symlinks
- Return exit status properly
- Fix bug with roles/databags
- Support JSON roles
- Add pre_upload hook
- Report errors in hooks more clearly
- Add a NoOp transport
- Add option to support tracking symlinks
- Add option to allow specifying a knife config
- Use /bin/echo rather than built-in for better cross-platform support
- Add config file for taste-untester
- Fix tunnel support
(Between meals is a library they both use which was also released today.)
taste-tester-0.0.13, grocery-delivery-0.0.8, and between-meals-0.0.8 are all
available on rubygems.org.
Source and info available on github: