We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20180920223835 of Chef Automate 2.
- Now With Wildcards: Use wildcards on Client Run filters.
?stands in for a single character and
*stands in for more than one. Think
Ch*. Hit enter to see the results of your wildcard foo.
- Matching Checkboxes in the data collection box for a smoother experience.
- Let's Get Cookin': We're keeping your cookbook role information in Elasticsearch...and we're working on showing it in the user interface.
- Improved Automate Migration, Part One: We added better protection from potential panics in the event Elasticsearch crashes while migrating to the new Automate.
- Improved Automate Migration, Part Deux: We added better protection from potential panics in the event unexpected data is found while migrating to the new Automate.
- Overly Warm Welcomes: The Welcome window was overzealous--appearing even after you told it to go away--if you didn't opt-in to data collection. We had a long talk and it understands that was inappropriate behavior. It won't happen again.
- Cleared the Filters: Automate won't filter by more than one job id when you navigate to a job's report summary.
- Updated the Client Runs Search Bar: Your browser won't freeze when the search bar looks for suggestions. We also fixed a bunch of other stuff to improve it for Edge, Firefox and Safari.
- Clear Roles: Node Details' Run List section shows the roles correctly, and you can expand a role to see its cookbooks.
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!