We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20181011135231 of Chef Automate 2.
- Compliance Update: Compliance now includes CIS certified InSpec profiles for CIS Google Cloud Platform Foundation Benchmark v1.0.0.
- New General Settings Page: When logged in as an admin, the general settings page will let you customize when an infrastructure node is considered missing, and when nodes that are considered missing are deleted.
- Reworked "Go Back" Bar: The "Go Back" bar will now remember when search bar filters are applied on the Client Runs page and keep them applied.
- InSpec Control Code Improvements: InSpec control code has been improved in the preview profiles for RHEL7 and Windows 2016 STIGs.
- Expanded Wildcard Search Support: Wildcard search is now supported for aws-api filtering during scan job creation.
- Locking It Down: The job scheduler endpoints, which can be modified by applying settings using curl, were previously open to all users, but should have only allowed admins to modify them. This has been fixed. (These same job scheduler endpoints are now able to be set via the UI on the new general settings page as an admin.)
- Made It Right: The automate-gateway version endpoint was fixed, so it will return the correct version when queried (
- No Node, No Scan Job: Resolved issue where users where able to create a scan job with no node(s) attached.
- Abandoned jobs no more: Service restarts won't leave a scan job in an eternal 'scheduled' or 'running' state. Now, the service checks for abandoned jobs at startup and handles them as needed.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!